Comment on page
Code of Conduct
All community and team members will need to agree to this code of conduct before being granted access to platforms for the elections.
If there are any suggestions that need to be made, feel free to share them and we will modify.
- There are different levels of digital literacy and language/localization in a global community.
- Help each volunteer find roles that work for them and help them learn.
- Be mindful of people's time.
- Being inclusive means being kind and community focused.
- Consider the ethics of data sharing/ownership.
- Practice and contribute under the principle of "do no harm."
- Recognize that we have potential to do harm and commit to constantly reassessing this risk.
- Understand and work with the community and audience as to what "harm" means to them.
- When we disagree, we consult others.
- When we are unsure, we ask for help.
- We take care of ourselves and each other so we can make great contributions and be around for the long haul.
- Hand off your work considerately by turning over remaining tasks to the coordinator or team lead.
- Respect other roles but fulfilling only your assigned tasks.
- Urgent and critical items follow the verification protocols.
- Ensure and create thorough documentation to protect resilience.
- Maintain transparency of process and code.
- Share your process, best practices, lessons learned so others have opportunities to share with you, and to help build community.
- The community is committed to a radically participatory ethic. Everyone is invited to work. Everyone is invited to play. No prerequisites exist to participate in the community. Inclusiveness in make-up, action, and participation.
- (Prerequisites do have to be set, depending on how a VTC is organized, their leadership may be assuming legal liability for actions of members. Those assuming risks have to be in a position to control their risk by setting rules.)
- Seek to overcome barriers that stand between us and the reality of those around us, as well as participation in society.
- Be mindful of security and privacy considerations. Do not share sensitive data.
- Follow verification and security guidelines for mapping - do not publish dangerous speech, personal names, and personal identifying information (guidelines to be determined)