Comment on page
Team Communication Flow
We will use slack team windows to coordinate posts and workflows. Some channels will be very restricted and dedicated to sub-team members only. You will only be granted access to a sub team window once training is completed and you are granted access by the Keymaster.
Many of you may be new to global collaboration on teams of up to 200 people in real-time. Here are some things to help you get oriented:
- Access is ONLY granted to those who have been trained. These are our team workspaces to collaborate.
- Media, untrained individuals, or observers are not allowed on the slack channels. Sorry. Please contact us via the ushahidi website.
- Always always check in with your teams at start of shift and end of shift
- Only the Key Master will be able to add people to slack teams.
- Text is tone deaf. You may need to clarify your thoughts and questions. It doesn't always pick up on the human.
- Don't call the whole slack channel as it is confusing and disruptive
- Don't add large attachments. Send these via dropbox or email
- Chances are that you will hear from people more via direct email.
- Bring on the happy, but don't overload it with too much chatter or tangents. You may need to take it over to the fun place - the GENERAL chat : )
- These are processes heavily derived from experience with groups like Standby Task Force, RHOK, and CrisisCommons.