6.8 Importing Data
The Data Import feature allows you to import posts into the platform. It is particularly useful in cases where:-
- You need to upload posts in bulk
- You need to upload posts that people can’t send to you via email/phone but have the data available in CSV format
- (In future) You are transferring data from one platform to another
To import a CSV File,
- On the left hand menu bar, click on Settings
- Then, click on Data Import.
- You’ll get redirected to the import page, as shown below.
- Select a survey you’d like to match the data you’re uploading to. This field is populated with a list of all existing surveys on your deployment.
- Choose the CSV file you would like to upload. Make sure that
- You are uploading a file in CSV format. Any other file formats are not accepted
- Your CSV file size does not exceed 2MB
- Your CSV file has Column headers( these will be useful when mapping your CSV column to the survey fields)
- Geographic location information is separated into two columns; one for Latitude, and the other for Longitude.
See below for a sample CSV file
- Click on Continue and follow the instructions below.
- On successful file upload, you’ll need to assign your CSV Columns to post fields, as illustrated below.
- Click on Finish Import.
- If successfully uploaded, You’ll receive notices as follows.