6.5 Translating Posts
This section will show you how to translate posts into other available languages.
The post translation function is only available to admins or registered users with adequate permissions. This means that non registered users cannot translate posts.
To translate a post;
- Select a post from your data view.
- Click on the three dotted icon on the post cards as shown above. A drop down menu will pop up.
- Click on Edit, this will load the post editor on the right pane of your page, where you’ll be able to edit any of the content.
- In the upper left corner of the post editor page, you will see the default language that your deployment is currently in.
- Click on +Add translation at the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- A pop-up module will appear on your screen, click on the dropdown menu, and select the language you want.
- Click Add once you have selected the language.
NB: The languages that will be available on the drop down list will be the ones you selected while translating your survey
- You will be redirected to a page with the translatable content in the default language and fields where you can add your translations.
- On the empty fields, translate the fields’ content into the chosen language e.g in the above image the default language is English and the added language is French.
- Click Save at the upper or bottom right hand side of the screen when all is done.
- To see translations, at the upper left corner of the page, click on the dropdown menu and see the available languages that the postcard can be viewed in, click on the language you prefer to view in.
(From our example above we translated ours to French)